Sunday, August 12, 2007

Cruise Day 2: Still At Sea...
















Everyday must start with fruit. Actually I got up early, went jogging, and had a light work out.
































Cruise oatmeal can't compare with home cooked steel cut oatmeal.
















Smoked Salmon Bagel. The Salmon would be plentiful this week.





















Ariel approved.
















Eggs Benedict (for Gabe, I don't like these).





















































Lunch already! Dang, I forget what these are called. I had them before in Sicily. While better than the ones in Rome, these were not as good as the Sicilian ones. I'm sure someone will comment on it.
















Tri-color Rotini Salad.
















I dunno what this is. I think I just took a picture of someone else's dish. Looks like a seafood cob salad or something.
















Pasta Carbonara
















Mini-golf





















































































So we tried this wine tasting seminar and when the first wine was a Kendall Jackson Chardonnay, I knew this wouldn't go so well. Now don't get me wrong, Kendall Jackson is a decent Californian winery, but they aren't the type you necessarily would want to have when really learning about tastes. I did learn about wine legs although even after a lengthy discussion of wine viscosity and composition with my dad, the rheologist, I'm still not entirely sure what to make of it.
















In summary: my dad's face just about sums up my overall impressions. This let down would carry over into dinner...

1 comment:

pr.shaolin said...

Sicilian rice balls:

ARANCINI (because they look like little oranges = arancia in Italian)

Also called SUPPLI and even TELEFONO in Rome (because when you slipt them in half the melting mozzarella makes a string like old school telephone cords)