Friday, February 15, 2008

Shabu House

A new Shabu place popped up near my house. Overall, the meat was good and marbly but nothing terribly awesome. I went with Dan. We sat at the bar which has no heat controls for the pot so you have to get the staff to do it for you. If I'm going to spend money on Shabu Shabu, I think I'd prefer going to Mum's in Japantown because while costing a little bit more, they have ALL YOU CAN EAT and for just a bit more, ALL YOU CAN DRINK. And since the meat in Shabu Shabu or Hot Pot is so thin, you go through a plate of that pretty quickly. And for the price ($26 w/ drinks), you'd think you'd either be 1) full or 2) smiling with satisfaction.






































1 comment:

bittermelon said...

mum's is good, and i think they serve polly ann green tea ice cream. smart.