Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey Day! 2007

I'm ever so thankful Ed does these Thanksgiving things. 2 years ago I had Thanksgiving alone and while it wasn't bad, it is certainly nice to be able to share such a wonderful meal with good people. Plus I really really wanted turkey that year! =( Did I mention it was a potluck? What should I bring?
















Here is something I forget where I learned it from. Maybe on TV. The process is rather straightforward but rather tedious. Cut, salt, dry, and press eggplants and tomatoes. I just squeezed the juice from the tomatoes instead of salting them. The salt helps get the moisture out to give us a better roasting experience.
















In they go. I had them on at 300 for... not sure how long. Maybe 50 minutes? I was watching my Scaramouche DVD. That movie rocks.
















Baked some cut rolls with munster and threw them together. Works really well and lets you really savor the awesomeness of eggplant.
















Hey! More food! where did this appear from? Artichoke Dip
















I have been magically transported to another location! Here we have Kristle sporting her "toothpaste commercial" smile.
















Thanksgiving Turkey. Magical locations indeed.
















Hon Chicken





















Stuffing 1 of 2
















Our hosts Ed and Daphne





















Melted Brie with Colorful Medley (pistachios, dried cranberries, apricots, dates)
















Quiche





































The good stuff





















Sweet Potatoes





















Ooooooh, Aaaaaah
















Green Bean Casserole
















Tofurkey Ball





















Stuffing 2
















Anxious to eat





















Keal
































Plate 1 of 2.





































Dessert time!
















Pumpkin Pie
















Pecan Pie
















Apple Pie





















Banana Pudding
















Cheesecake
















Cream Puffs - afterwards, cream puffs became a punishment currency. For example, we played some poker afterwards and since everyone was so full, you could elect to replace $1 with eating a cream puff. heh.
















Cake that looks like an egg?
















And... he's tapped out.
















Post Tryptophane activities. Operation! You're the doctor! I'm gonna assume it's his bowels or something but why is there a "Bread Basket" in this man's crotch?
















Games: Taboo, Poker, and Apples to Apples.

2 comments:

enb said...

looks like fun Nat- I like the way Ed carved and presented that bird.
Cheers
ian

bittermelon said...

p.s. - the photo of anthony holding the plate to his face is priceless. i know exactly how he felt at that moment.