Saturday, August 22, 2009

SFSFF, Basterds, Rice Plate
































Madness...
















Absolute madness...
















Zeppole from Pizzeria Delfina. Fried dough + marscapone pastry cream = win.
















Beet Juice, Gordita, Noodle soup (all decent)
















Gordita interior





















Just before Kat and her crew wisely bailed on the St Food madness.
















Huarache con Nopales; Corn masa cake with cactus salad or steak - the cake was kind of hard and doughy. This was a (meh)
















Tacos Alhambre: Mexico-City style tacos with carne asada, longaniza, bacon, grilled onions and peppers. These were good.





















Tracy, Huarache model.
















Zella's BBQ Chicken Sandwich. Considering the line was over 1 hour, I would give this a fail. California Grill in Novato has a pull porked sandwich that is 10x better. This one was a little dry, lacked any good smokiness to it and was under-slawed. And the Safeway-quality bun did not woo me at all.





















Bi-Rite creamery Strawberry pop was a winner. No line either!





















Food fest really zonked me so I thought I would sit down and relax with a movie. Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds (hmm, I thought they spelt the name with an "e" but that poster clearly spells it with an "a") was enjoyable but ultimately I felt like the movie was a bit long and featured too many characters. I wanted to see more of the Basterds but I guess you could have said the same about Pulp Fiction and not getting enough of Sam Jackson but that movie had the crazy non-linear editing going for it to keep you on your toes. I didn't get to know the characters well enough and their decisions didn't even seem to make that much of a difference or I missed their intended impact.
















Met up with Dan for some Vietnamese pork chop rice plate. There needs to be a T-shirt with a I <3 you but with a pig instead of the <3

I hope my energy is there for another busy day tomorrow.

No comments: