Sunday, July 05, 2009

Drive by a cow, eat a cow. It's the 4th of July!
















another BBQ at coworker Mike's Log Cabin.
















Tri-tip. Mike lives on land bought from a farmer in Petaluma and on that farm you can buy meat from the very cows you drive by on the way up to his cabin. In a matter of speaking. Farm fresh meat!
















Why is really rare meat called "Blue?" It's obviously still red.
















The final form of my take caramel pear ice cream. There are two types of ice cream. The lighter one is super peary and sweet. The darker one has identical ingredients. The big difference is letting the caramel burn a bit (think creme brule). Roasted danjou pear + parmesan cracker for sugar tempering.
















I used to play this game with my cousin Woody. I played it with a coworker's daughter. Her solution to all my attacks was to burn them. Even when I drew Team Rocket in a fire consuming machine, she would still insist on burning things. Even the people I used Jesus to ressurect.
















Last night drinks and introspection.

No comments: